Potential Teaching Opportunities
If you are looking to be considered for future teaching opportunities at Phillips Exeter Academy, we encourage you to complete our employment application and upload any relevant materials. Once you create an account you will have the ability to edit and add new documents if needed.
While individual responsibilities will vary from one faculty position to another, the major job duties of all faculty members include the following:
- Teaching: Faculty teach four classes per trimester. All classes are student-centered discussions around a Harkness table. In order to meet the intellectual needs of the school’s highly motivated students, teachers are expected to be dedicated to daily preparation for the best possible classes.
- Cultural Competency: Faculty are expected to demonstrate respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life
- Residential Life: Faculty generally reside in campus
housing and play a critical role in cultivating Exeter’s
community-centered student dormitory life. Each faculty member is
generally responsible for one weekend and one to three week nights
of dormitory duty per month, depending on the dormitory size.
Advising: Faculty are expected to serve as mentors to student advisees throughout students’ time at Exeter. The adviser is the main liaison between an advisee’s family/guardian and the Academy.
- Extracurricular Activities: Faculty are expected to participate in the school’s extracurricular activities (e.g. coaching, advising student clubs, and/or committee work).
- Experience with diversity or cultural competency education (conferences, seminars, in-service programs, coursework, or independent study).
- Proof of authority to work in the Unites States, full time.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.