Administrative Assistant III - Associate Provost 999061
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT XAVIER UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES ONLY
The Administrative Assistant III (AAIII) will serve as the primary administrative assistant for the Office of the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs (APAA). Additionally, it provides back-up support to the Office of the Provost and CAO. The position involves day-to-day office management, including corresponding with University executives, faculty, students, other offices and academic departments, and external constituencies, as well as identifying and resolving issues that may arise for faculty, staff, and students. Other duties include budget management, meeting management, event management, coordinating faculty development records, support to the Center for Innovation, support to other units such as Assessment that come under the purview of the Office of APAA, etc. The position will report directly to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs.
Specific duties include:
- Budget management and reporting, including purchasing, credit card reconciliation.
- Process expenditures, reimbursement requests, and budget transfers.
- Office management.
- Appointment/meeting scheduling.
- Management and support of faculty development processes.
- Manage university and academic events, such as honors convocation and faculty recognition celebrations – coordinate with the Offices of the President and Provost.
- Coordinate with Faculty Committee chair to manage lists for university committees.
- Assist with web-based changes.
- Coordinate logistics for accreditation needs.
- Coordinate university committee assignments.
- Communication with faculty, staff, students and external partners.
- Travel arrangements.
- Supervision of a student worker.
- Administrative support for the Center for Innovation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education and 5-7 years administrative experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Office software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Ability to coordinate events.
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience in Banner Financial and Self Service, and Workflow systems.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Experience in Academic and/or Student Affairs
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references on-line no later than November 1, 2020.
Please indicate if you are currently or have been in the past an employee of Xavier, including your title and years of experience.
External applicants will not be considered for this position.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Faculty Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati