Continuing Education - Residential Real Estate Broker Pre-License Instructor (Part Time)
CONTINUING EDUCATION - RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE BROKER PRE-LICENSE INSTRUCTOR (PART TIME)
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College seeks an experienced, engaging, highly motivated, and licensed part-time Continuing Education instructor for a 75-hour Real Estate Broker Pre-License non-credit course. The instructor will also teach a 15-hour Real Estate Broker PreLicense Applied Principles course. This Real Estate course meets the Illinois Real Estate Broker license's education requirements, which qualifies passing students for the Illinois Real Estate Broker Examination. The instructor will teach, review assignments, contact, coach, mentor, and tutor students. Once students obtain a real estate license, they may start their own business or a career in the real estate industry. The instructor and Dean of Community and Continuing Education will determine the class schedule, syllabus, assessments, and curriculum.
This course is currently being offered remotely.
- Coordinate course schedule, curriculum content, and assessment tools with the Dean of Community and Continuing Education.
- Provide instruction as directed and use effective teaching methods.
- Prepare instructional program objectives, outlines, and lesson plans.
- Adapt teaching methods as needed.
- Plan and conduct activities that provide students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Monitor students' performance to make suggestions for improvement and ensure that they satisfy course standards, training requirements, and objectives.
- Regularly contacts students to coach, mentor, and tutor them in the course using our online platforms such as Zoom, Brightspace, or via phone and email.
- Review course materials with students during office hours.
- Be prepared to teach this course in-person, remotely, or a combination of both if necessary.
- Associate's degree or higher in business, real estate studies, or a related field
- Active Illinois Pre-licensing Instructor License
- At least two years as an active Illinois Real Estate Broker Licensee
- At least two years of experience teaching/training adults, especially in the real estate field
- At least one year experience teaching remotely (via web-based platforms such as Brightspace, Go Meetings, or Zoom) preferred
- Knowledge of learning management systems such as Brightspace D2L preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Publisher
Malcolm X College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!