IT Programmer Analyst
IT Programmer Analyst
External Link to Posting
Location of Workplace
Main UNCW Campus
Enterprise Systems Support - 55220
Business Affairs - 35000 Division
Brief Summary of Work for this Position
The IT Programmer Analyst provides a high level of technical support (documentation, troubleshooting, development, testing, implementation and analysis) for applications and interfaces which deliver IT tools and support business functions across UNCW . This position manages or serves on multiple projects and formulates and develops plans and documents required steps to achieve stated requirements. This position reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate and adheres to all UNCW polices on information security and confidentiality.
The IT Programmer Analyst monitors user proficiency with applications and provides on-going training and ensures that clients are kept informed of all system updates; and updates are fully tested before going live. This position updates documentation to reflect any resulting changes in systems, departmental procedures or policies.
Remote Work Option Available
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree in computer science or closely related field
or Associates degree with 4 years programming experience
- At least 3 years experience with configuring, designing and
deploying software in the context of a project.
- Ability to demonstrate project management knowledge and
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to excel working collaboratively on a team.
- Experience with configuring, designing and deploying software
in the context of a project.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and ability to apply
analytical skills to resolve problems.
- Knowledge of databases, scripting and troubleshooting
including: the ability to program in SQL and basic scripting
- Demonstrate successful workplace communication skills
including: listening, written, verbal and ability to respond
positively and calmly in stressful situations.
- General knowledge of IT Security and its application within an Enterprise Environment.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience administering document imaging systems such as
SoftDocs or Perceptive Content (ImageNow).
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used
across multiple products and organizational units.
- Knowledge of and ability to create scripting with Windows
and/or Linux operating systems.
- Experience maintaining multiple enterprise systems such as:
ITSM solutions (Ticketing/ CRM software – Salesforce, Solarwinds,
TeamDynamix, etc), application scheduling/automation systems,
online form processing and workflow.
- General familiarity and competency with identity management,
server administration, basic networking, storage concepts, system
administration, diagnostic tools, and workstation
- Aware of the latest technology and how best to leverage its
capabilities for an organization.
Knowledge of IT Security and its application within an Enterprise Environment.
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The Department of Enterprise Systems Support is a part of Information Technology Services ( ITS ) of the University of North Carolina Wilmington. ITS is an innovative organization committed to providing a technologically progressive environment for students, faculty and staff. The Department of Enterprise Systems Support is responsible for systems analysis, design, programming, and support for enterprise and vendor applications.
The Department of ESS provides:
- Innovative, stable, cost effective and secure technical support
and maintenance of enterprise solutions to the campus
- Day to day support for production applications and
- Timely implementation of upgrades and releases.
- Development and analysis to support the operational
requirements and mandates for production applications and
- User access for production applications.
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to the integration of teaching, mentoring, research and service. Widely acknowledged for its world-class faculty and staff and continuously recognized at a national level for scholarly excellence and affordability, UNCW offers a powerful academic experience that stimulates creative inquiry and critical thinking and a community rich in diversity, inclusion and global perspectives.
A public institution with nearly 18,000 students, UNCW offers a full range of baccalaureate- and graduate-level programs, as well as doctoral degrees in educational leadership, marine biology, nursing practice and psychology; and many distance learning options, including clinical research, an accelerated RN-to- BSN program, an Executive M.B.A. program structured for working professionals, and the nation’s only bachelor’s degree program focused on coastal engineering.
The university’s efforts to advance research and scholarly activities have earned UNCW the elevated designation of “Doctoral Universities: High Research Activity” institution (R2 University) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
UNCW has been part of the University of North Carolina System since 1969.
At the University of North Carolina at Wilmington ( UNCW ), our culture reflects our values of inclusion, diversity, globalization, ethics and integrity and innovation and we are committed to providing equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs. UNCW believes that embracing the unique contributions of our faculty, staff and students is critical to our success and paramount in being recognized for our global mindset.
Special Notes to Applicants
Months Per Year
Anticipated Ending Date if Time-Limited Positions
Job Posting Date
Posting Close Date
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity with UNC Wilmington
- UNCW Website
- UNCW Facebook Page
- UNCW Linkedin Page
- UNCW Twitter Account
- UNCW Employee Referral
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Inside Higher Ed
- North Carolina Job Network
- Women In Higher Education