Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Work Schedule: This non-benefited position works approximately 19 hours per week, Mon-Fri. Flexible hours between 6am-2pm.
The purpose of this position is to maintain the college landscaping, irrigation systems, and grounds, to assist in related construction and landscaping projects, as well as grounds keeping tasks to maintain a safe and attractive environment.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Mows and edges lawn areas with small power mowers, large riding frontline mowers, and edger.
- Operates front-end loaders, tractors, trucks, sweepers, forklifts, lift trucks and other grounds and maintenance equipment.
- Plants, transplants, fertilizes, mulches and waters lawns, shrubs, trees, bedding plants, and ground covers.
- Prunes, trims shrubs, trees and plants with appropriate hand tools or power trimmers.
- Prepares areas for lawn seed or laying sod.
- Performs weeding activities in ornamental beds with hand tools or rototiller.
- Rakes, sweeps and picks-up leaves, pine needles and other debris from lawns, shrub beds, walkways, curb lines and streets.
- Lays out, installs and repairs sprinkler or other irrigation and watering systems. Includes controllers, valves, pumps, control wires and related apparatus.
- Coordinates watering schedules via manual and computer controlled programs to ensure that irrigation layout and timing is efficiently designed and programmed to provide optimal water levels and to ensure that events on campus are not hindered
- Calibrates, mixes and applies pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Patches asphalt, repairs concrete or assists in the pouring and finishing of concrete areas. Sets sign posts and paints and repairs outdoor benches and tables.
- Picks up trash, litter and debris in assigned areas by hand, vacuum, sweeper or power blowers.
- Uses hand and power tools associated with landscaping, along with chain saws, jackhammer, line trimmers, etc.
- Removes snow and ice from campus sidewalks, entryways and parking areas. Applies sand and de-ice as needed. Operates snow plow trucks or tractors.
- Repairs, cleans, and moves grounds related supplies and equipment.
- Moves furniture and sets-up offices, classrooms or other college spaces as directed.
- May instruct, lead or supervise temporary workers.
- Assists other Facilities Operations departments as directed.
- As required, will work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and on-call status.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : High school diploma or GED and 3 year(s) of experience
Additional Minimum Qualifications : High school diploma or GED. A minimum of three years of full-time related experience, or an equivalent combination of related education, training, and/or experience. i.e. an Associates' degree and one year, full-time equivalent experience.
Required License and/or Certifications : Must possess a valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficient in irrigation installation, repair, and scheduling in various irrigation programs.
• Ability to maintain a safe and productive environment.
• Ability to effectively present and speak one-on-one and in small group situations.
• Proficient skills in operating office equipment and a computer, including Microsoft Office
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
Advertised: 16 Oct 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene