A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. The Director of Admissions provides leadership for the University admissions office. The Director will be responsible for staffing, training, and managing a compliant campus Admissions Team by facilitating the selection and enrollment of qualified student applicants for admission. The Director is a key strategic leader for recruitment and admissions, with broad responsibility and accountability for this function and the admissions team.
Educate and train on educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial considerations to students, parents, and educators.
- Makes prompt and effective contact with prospective and admitted candidates.
- Participates in off-campus events to move prospective students through the pipeline (including high school/community college visits, college fairs, and yield events).
- Evaluate undergraduate applications for admission based on the University’s recruiting goals and standards.
- Counsel parents, applicants, and school counselors regarding the University’s admission policies and procedures.
- Attend on-campus admission events (open houses, admitted student events, ).
- Supervision responsibilities of support staff (i.e. work study, student assistants).
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must also possess strong leadership, time management skills, and have the ability to prioritize and balance responsibilities.
- Ability to use technology and data in developing and implementing and effective recruitment plan.
- Knowledge of best practices in enrollment management and a record of success in increasing enrollment as well as net tuition revenue.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of traditional, nontraditional, transfer, graduate and non-degree seeking student recruitment is required.
- A proven track record in the identification, admission, recruitment and enrollment of prospective students, comprehensive and strategic enrollment planning, and shaping classes to meet the University mission.
- Background in working with transfer student populations is highly desired.
- Analytical, data-informed, and outcomes-oriented; experienced in data analytics and forecasting class and revenue.
- Ensure that consistent branding and messaging is clearly articulated externally to achieve strategic goals.
- The ability to engage current students, faculty, alumni, and parents in the recruitment and enrollment of all new students.
- Practical with the ability to artfully approach all elements of the recruitment funnel.
- Familiarity with compliance of federal and state financial aid regulations, along with attention to adherence of budget guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required to interact effectively with all University constituents including Board of Trustees, donors, alumni, faculty, staff, students and administrative colleagues in athletics and elsewhere on the campus.
- Demonstrated history of supporting staff and student development and advocacy.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a hard working, energetic team; recognize the skill sets and talents of the staff and provide professional development opportunities to enhance them.
- Personal strengths that include approach-ability, accessibility, energy, motivation, resourcefulness, and good humor.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative,
resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years of progressive leadership experience in College Admissions, including recruitment and enrollment planning and program development.
- Preferred qualifications of Master’s degree in a related field and five – seven years or more experience in a college admission setting.
- Experience with Slate, PowerCampus, or other technology platforms related to enrollment management.
- Experience in developing and maintaining collaborative professional relationships; effective public speaking, verbal, and written communication skills. Experience in collecting and analyzing data for recruitment metrics; proven ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in the areas of strategic enrollment planning, admission, and financial aid is expected, as is knowledge of broader higher education trends, and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens