Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university
dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty
are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing
professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction
resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use
of technology including distance learning; and provide service to
the College, University and Community.
Assignments will include teaching, at both undergraduate and/or
graduate levels, as applicable. Teaching assignments may be on the
main campus or at off-campus sites within our region. Additional
duties may be assigned by supervisor.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Teaches core or elective social work courses in the undergraduate
and/or graduate social work programs, as applicable.
Contributes to course and/or curriculum development
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
MSW degree from a CSWE -accredited social work program.
Two years of social work practice experience.
Experience teaching social work courses at the undergraduate and/or
Scholarly expertise in aging, child welfare, international social
work, mental health, and/or substance abuse.
Experience with development and delivery of online
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse
group of staff, faculty, students and the community in a
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.