Admissions Counselor/Assistant Director of Admissions for Diversity & Partnership Initiatives
The successful candidate will m anage all recruiting aspects for the New York City region including travel, review of applicants, yield, and build relationships with school counselors and key educational organizations. They will be responsible for developing partnerships with community based organizations and access programs across the country.
- Assist in the development of a strategic recruitment plan for underrepresented populations/backgrounds
- Cultivate partnerships with Community-based organizations in support of the recruitment of first generation and students from under-represented backgrounds.
- Assist in the planning, execution and management of outreach events for underrepresented populations throughout the recruitment process.
- Liaise with the Chief Diversity Officer,. Institute for Cultural Unity, & HEOP in support of underrepresented students.
- Liaise with the Alfred University CITE program based in NYC.
- Collaborate with Alfred University's signature program Art Force 5 and the Director.
- Serve as primary contact with Raise.me and Coalition for College Success.
- Conduct Admissions presentations and interviews on- and off-campus.
- Develop strategic recruitment plan for geographic territory in concert with university and departmental objectives. Plan travel and implement recruitment activities for assigned high schools and territories including fall and spring travel to support student recruitment.
- Make Admissions decisions based on a holistic review of application credentials.
- Advise prospective students and families.
- Participate in shared decision-making regarding annual admissions planning.
- Attend professional conferences in relation to assigned position.
- Cultivate relationships with guidance counselors, community agencies, families, students (current and prospective), Alfred University faculty & Staff and alumni.
- Support on and off campus events e.g. Open Houses and Off Campus Yield Receptions
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years experience
- Knowledge in Slate/CRM
- Experience in Community Based Organizations
- Proficiency or fluency in Spanish
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Alfred