Director of Operations - OTA Online
TheOnline Occupational Therapy Assistantdepartment
atSt. Catherine Universityinvites applications for
aDirector of Operationsposition. This is a regular,
The University of St. Catherine launched the first online Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program in the country and we continue to lead the field in innovation! Launched in 2014 to address the rising need for professional OTAs throughout the nation, we reach students where they are and give them access to education toward a career that can change their lives. TheDirector of Operationsmanages our relationship with Orbis Education, our partner in theOTAOnline program. This role collaborates closely with theOTAOnline Program Director to ensure that we meetACOTEStandards and achieve strategic objectives and deliver a high-quality, seamless educational experience for a multicultural student body. Join us and work on the cutting edge of online content delivery!
- Manage program operations to align and supportACOTEaccreditation standards, regulatory bodies and
university policies and procedures
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement,
synthesizing insights into actionable recommendations and
prioritizing initiatives to continually improveOTAonline degree operations that facilitate
successful outcomes for diverse student participants.
- Monitor and make recommendations for student admission,
progression and standing (e.g. leave of absence, probation,
dismissal, on-time graduation rates) for 6 cohorts of 24 students
in 3 admission cycles/year (144 students admitted in fall, winter,
summer respectively) across the United States with the goal of
increasing the access, enrollment and success for students of all
cultures and backgrounds.
- Communicate respectfully and build relationships of trust with
faculty, staff, students and families of all cultures and
abilities, affirming the worth and preserving the dignity of
individuals, families, and communities.
- Collect, manage, and make recommendations for fieldwork site
data including site type, requirements, fieldwork educator
qualifications, site contract status, and student
- Collaborate with program faculty and staff, Orbis employees,
and internal support offices to create, monitor, assess and revise
streamlined and efficient operational processes.
- Determine goals and objectives that drive planning, operations,
and measurements that align with departmental and University
- Lead policy and procedure development and implementation
efforts to ensure that online programs comply with university,
regulatory, and accreditation standards and maximize the student
- Monitor and approve, in collaboration with the Office of
Marketing and Communications and enrollment management staff,
admissions messaging and goals that drive access and participation
from underrepresented students.
- Monitor and provide coaching to Orbis staff around admissions
messaging to ensure consistency with university approaches (e.g.
financial aid processes, admission procedures, fieldwork
placements) and alignment with enrollment goals.
- Supervise and direct operations analyst and administrative
assistant in support of operational goals and related
- This position can work remotely but is required to be present on campus for 25% of the full-time role.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience in higher education
- One year of supervisory experience
- Experience leading or managing complex projects through to
- Experience drafting and implementing new policies
- Experience creating and implementing process improvements that
impact a large customer base
- Experience collaborating with the Registrar’s, Financial Aid
and Admissions offices
- Experience adhering to complex compliance
- Experience prioritizing inclusive excellence as an operational goal
- Experience implementing an online learning system
- Experience training faculty on remote learning systems and online tools
To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
Visit https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/search to
apply. Three references and successful completion of a background
check will be required for employment. For information, contact
Sean Fitzpatrick, Associate Dean of Health Sciences, at
email@example.com. Application deadline is November 1,
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *Please indicate your highest level
of completed education.
- High School diploma / G.E.D.
- Certificate program
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- PhD or other doctorate level degree
- *How many years of full-time
supervisory experience do you have that included performance
evaluations and time-card approval?
- None to some
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years or more
- *Give one brief example of a complex
project you have led or managed through completion.
(Open Ended Question)
- *Give a brief example of when you
have collaborated with the Registrar’s, Financial Aid and
(Open Ended Question)
- *St. Kate’s is committed to making
Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a Culture
of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the strategic
plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a culture
that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer H1-B sponsorship. Will you now or in
the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University Website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Newspaper - Star Tribune paper
- Newspaper - Star Tribune web
- Community agency
- Newspaper - Pioneer Press paper
- Newspaper -Pioneer Press web
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul