Administrative Coordinator - (STA006551)
Coordinates the administrative operations of a department, including, but not limited to, human resources, payroll, telecommunications, building maintenance, and property inventory.
- Coordinates personnel administration including employee sign-up, faculty folders, payroll and implementation of related policies and procedures.
- Coordinates department administrative operations, including telecommunications, physical plant work orders, long distance codes, parking permits and ID card requests.
- Maintains personnel records such as employee information, timesheets and lost time reports; tracks status of submitted personnel and administrative forms.
- May coordinate and compile information for various programs and activities for faculty and graduate students.
- Oversees the work assignments of clerical staff and coordinates daily office operations.
- Coordinates all aspects of space management and conducts property inventory for the department.
- Reviews personnel and administrative documents for adherence to university regulations prior to obtaining certifying signature.
- Assists faculty, staff and students with personnel and administrative issues; serves as departmental liaison to administrative departments on campus.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Additional Job Posting Information:
This position will be housed in the Dean's Office at the C.T. Bauer College of Business. This position will primarily coordinate payroll and human resources activities for a large, complex college. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Audit electronic Personnel Action Requests for faculty and staff.
- Monitoring Time Reporting & Absence Management (TRAM) processing.
- Assisting employees with TRAM-related issues.
- Reconciling payroll reports.
- Running reports in PeopleSoft HR.
- Data entering information in university software programs and excel reports.
The ideal candidate for this entry level HR position:
- Must exhibit good administrative and organizational skills.
- He or she should be able to function under heavy workloads and against tight schedules.
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and a very high degree of customer service ethic.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with employees, members of the Business Operations, UH HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze data.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
High school and 5 years experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: See attached document.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston