Skilled Trades Tech 3 - (STA006561)
Under the general direction of a manager, coordinates and may lead staff in the installation, repair, maintenance of carpentry, painting, plumbing, mechanical and electrical devices, exteriors maintenance, and scheduled moves and event setup.
- Coordinates work assignments with manager, assigns work duties of support personnel, and inspects work in progress and completed work.
- Performs duties of a carpenter, painter, plumber, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and /or exterior maintenance technician, and assists other shops as needed, including scheduled moves and event setup.
- May provide training and technical direction to other maintenance staff, and offer instruction in safety procedures and policy compliance.
- Reviews work orders and coordinates work to be performed with customers on campus.
- Responsible for staff timesheets; prepares recurring management and work request reports.
- Assures an adequate inventory of tools, equipment and supplies to achieve unit objectives.
- May be considered essential personnel and may be assigned to serve on special task force during periods of emergency.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 5 years experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Certification/Licensing: May require technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on the job posting details.
Will require a valid Texas Driver License.
Additional Information/ Preferred Qualifications:
- 5 years or more experience in commercial general maintenance required.
- Previous experience in higher education, hospitals or hotels a plus.
- Maintenance or specialized trade certifications a plus.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- This position is an essential position for Facilities and
Construction Management. Essential position you will
be required to perform the work needed if directed by
management even when the office or school is closed and may be
required to report to work.
- Note: Applicants attach 3 professional references with
Notes to Applicant: Please submit three references along with resume.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston