Apprentice, Electrician - (STA006568)
While actively participating in an apprenticeship program, assists the journey electrician in the installation and repair of electrical wiring, fixtures and equipment.
- Gathers tools and supplies to be used at work site, according to instructions.
- Measures, cuts and bends wire and conduit, using ruler and handtools.
- Drills holes for wiring and pulls or pushes wiring through opening.
- Lifts, positions and fastens objects, such as wiring, conduit and motors.
- Performs minor electrical repairs, such as replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs and switches.
- Assists with troubleshooting electrical issues that may arise.
- May assist with the inspection and repairing of the electrical service and emergency power circuits within buildings.
- Maintains and organizes supplies, tools and equipment.
- May be assigned to serve on special task force during periods of emergency, such as floods, storms, hurricanes, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 6 months experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of six (6) months of directly job-related experience.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- State of Texas / TDLR Apprentice License
* Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position is an essential position for Facilities and Construction Management. Essential position you will be required to perform the work needed if directed by management even when the office or school is closed and may be required to report to work.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston