Helper, Electrician - (STA006558)
Assists journey electrician in the installation and repair of electrical wiring, fixtures and equipment.
- Gathers tools and supplies to be used at work site, according to instructions.
- Measures, cuts and bends wire and conduit, using ruler and handtools.
- Drills holes for wiring and pulls or pushes wiring through opening.
- Assists in lifting, positioning and fastening objects, such as wiring, conduit and motors.
- Performs minor electrical repairs, such as replacing fuses, light sockets, bulbs and switches.
- Maintains tools and equipment and keeps supplies and parts in order.
- May be assigned to serve on special task force during periods of emergency, such as floods, storms, hurricanes, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and No experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. No experience is required.
- Successful completion of Electrician School or an Electrician Apprenticeship Certification or License.
- 1 year or more experience as an Electrician Helper a plus.
- Previous experience working in commercial environments, i.e., hospitals, schools, hotels, etc. a plus.
- Previous experience working in high volume electrical repair work a plus.
- Must be able to work when needed on weekends, evenings and on call during emergency situations.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position is an essential position for Facilities and Construction Management. Essential position you will be required to perform the work needed if directed by management even when the office or school is closed and may be required to report to work.
Note: Please include 3 professional references with your attachments.
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston