Senior Research Analyst - (STA006572)
Supports the strategic decision making of senior administration and helps advance university goals through careful design and implementation of studies to answer empirical policy and planning questions. Applies advanced knowledge and expertise in the design and statistical analysis involved in conducting research studies.
- Analyzes data using various statistical and other software programs to provide statistical and summary reports for strategic planning and program development.
- Conducts research and studies on the institution, including design of studies, data collection, analysis, and reporting. Analyses data using appropriate statistical models and assists stakeholders in the interpretations of the data.
- Provides data to senior administration and consults with key constituents system-wide regarding appropriate research design, methodology, sampling, and evaluation protocol.
- Responds to ad-hoc information requests.
- Consults and provides guidance on design, data collection, analyzing and reporting research studies.
- Coordinates with faculty and researchers on special reports, projects and analyses as requested.
- Serves as project lead on the design and analysis of complex data sets used to address research questions relevant to institutional planning decisions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Masters and 5 years experience
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following:
- Higher Education experience.
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, exercise excellent judgment, demonstrate critical thinking skills and adapt to shifting priorities in diverse setting.
- Ability to clearly interpret and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with SAS, SPSS syntax or another programming language.
- Experience with Tableau is a plus.
The following documents are required:
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting.
- Salary History
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with any of your references. References will be contacted only after the interviewing process has been completed.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Urban & Regional Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Statistics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston