Administration & Finance Program Manager, Experiential Learning and Career Success
The Experiential Learning and Career Success department invites applications for an Administration and Finance Program Manager to join their team. The Administration and Finance Program Manager is an integral member of the Experiential Learning and Career Success (ELCS) team. The position provides fiscal oversight for ELCS, financial and technical assistance for the National Student Exchange (NSE), manages human resource functions for the unit, and participates in UM’s Fiscal Academic Manager group. This position is also expected to provide operational oversight to ELCS including the development, implementation and administration of the unit’s financial and human resource policies, systems, and procedures.
Financial Management Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee unit account management, including state, gift, designated, auxiliary, grants, contracts, and UM Foundation funds
- Oversee unit procurement, accounts receivables, and Procard administration
- Serve as a contributing member of the ELCS administrative team helping to make sound budget decisions
- Create systems and manage all ELCS unit budgets and maintain sound record-keeping practices
- Assist colleagues as they build and manage project budgets
- Prepare financial analyses and reports, and audit current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of operations
- Serve as liaison to collaborating UM entities, including, but not limited to, administration and finance, research administration, provost, academic affairs, student success, human resource services, business services and information technology.
- Contribute to the strategic planning and assessment of programs and initiatives as they relate to finances human resources, analyze opportunities for expanding and/or improving programming and funding
- Participate in grant research and development efforts
Human Resources Management Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee payroll, including classified, contract, and student employees
- Manage employee recruitment, hiring, travel, and termination processes and paperwork
- Oversee communications to department employees regarding changes/updates to UM HR policies and procedures
- Assist ELCS executive director in record-keeping and personnel policies
- Serve as the unit’s liaison with UM HR
National Student Exchange (NSE) Responsibilities Include:
- Assist students to determine efficiencies in costs associated with NSE participation
- Serve as UM’s NSE liaison to the national organization
- Manage the processes and flow of NSE students attending UM and leaving UM
- Attend annual NSE conference
- Maintain accurate records of program income, costs, and administrative expenses
- Keen understanding of UM fiscal management, budgeting and HR policies and procedures
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, and work effectively among diverse stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and flexibility
- Ability to deal with and prioritize multiple tasks in a professional manner
- Must be professional and customer-oriented in representing the department when working with people such as campus administrators, faculty, classified staff, contract employees, students, collaborating organizational staff and board members, NSE national partners, and community members
- Project leadership and management experience
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures and ability to learn University policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to create and maintain spreadsheets, documents, databases, and tracking systems
- Ability to assist in developing and implementing office management routines and systems
Minimum Required Experience
- The person assigned to this position should possess, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in a related field, as well as at least five (5) years of professional experience in a closely related position; or any combination of experience and education that would provide the competencies required to successfully discharge the essential duties assigned to this position.
About the Experiential Learning & Career Success and UM
ELCS Mission: Helping students maximize their education through engaging experiences and intentional planning, preparing them for success today and tomorrow.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Program Manager
Position Number: 014120
Department: Experiential Learning and Career Success
Work Schedule: Part-time, 0.75 FTE (30 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $17.85/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday , November 8, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular