Wenzhou-Kean University High Research Achieving Computer Science Associate/Professor Position Any C
High Research Achieving Computer Science Associate/Professor Position
Any Computer Science Related Fields
Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU), located in Wenzhou, China, one of three Sino-American universities along with NYU Shanghai and Duke Kunshan University, is approved by the Ministry of Education of China. Launched in 2012, WKU offers a unique model of higher education in partnership with Kean University, a comprehensive, public university in the state of New Jersey that is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. WKU sits on approximately 500 beautiful acres and currently enrolls 2,500 undergraduate students, and it is now in the midst of a rapid growth that will bring enrollment to 8,500 students within the next six years. All instruction is in English and all curriculum is provided by Kean University. In addition to its current 17 undergraduate programs, WKU has been approved by the Ministry of Education for offering 8 Master’s and 3 doctorate programs. Wenzhou is one of the most vibrant and economically advanced developed cities on China’s East Coast, located one hour by plane and just over three hours by high-speed train from Shanghai.
About the Job:
The Department of Computer Science invites applications for a High Research Achieving Professor (Associate or full Professor) to fulfill the missions and objectives of the Wenzhou-Kean University, China by creating a culture of research and innovation in the field of Data Analytics and Knowledge Discovery, Computer Vision & Graphics, Computer Networks and Security, IoT, HCI, HPC, Intelligent Systems, Information Management and other related areas.
The candidates are required to be nationally/internationally acclaimed scholars with outstanding research achievements evidenced by strong research grant support for self-sustained research programs, publications in highly impactful journals with recognized impact in the academic computer science field and/or exceptionally competitive international awards for computer science, and/or patents.
The candidate should also present evidence that he/she can collaborate across disciplines. The final candidate will be offered a special contract with much lower teaching loads (one or two courses a semester) but with much higher expectations on research output, especially the extra-mural research grants. The final candidate will be provided a very generous start up grant to support cutting edge research in computer science fields.
Candidates who can bring a research team, research grants, or international research collaboration platforms will be given priority.
The candidate must have a Ph.D. or equivalent in computer science or closely related field from a reputable university and at least three years of postdoctoral research with high quality publications in high impact journals. Candidates must have demonstrated a record of having successfully led independent research including research guidance and projects. A minimum of three years of teaching upper level computer science to undergraduates is required. English fluency is required for the position. All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to teaching and best practices in international education.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, statement of research Achievement and Interests, unofficial transcripts and contact information of three professional references by email to Search Committee Chairperson at email@example.com. Official transcripts for all degrees and three current letters of recommendation are required before appointment. The candidate’s research merit and contribution will be evaluated by at least three external experts in Computer Science or related field.
Wenzhou-Kean University offers a competitive salary and benefits plan, which includes
- Annual salary in range of ￥650,000 –￥850,000 RMB ($93,000 - $121,500) for High Research Achieving Faculty at rank of Associate or Full Professor.
- One million RMB ($143,000) house allowance.
- A very generous start up grant will be provided.
- Up to 8% front-load retirement benefits within accordance with completion of years of service with the University.
- Home traveling up to $6,000 (2 international round-trip airfares).
- A well-rounded healthcare coverage.
- Academic travel up to $2,000.
- A reimbursement to cover relocation expenses up to $1,000.
- Shuttle bus to campus for work.
- WKU tuition waiver up to 80% for spouse/dependent children of faculty for the Bachelor’s degree.
- The opportunity to teach high quality students with more than a third of graduates being admitted to the graduate schools at the World’s Top 50 Universities, and about 70% of graduates at the World’s Top 100 Universities.
Wenzhou-Kean University conducts background screenings on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background Screenings.
Apply for Wenzhou-Kean University High Research Achieving Computer Science Associate/Professor Position Any C
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China