Dean - School of Engineering
American International University (AIU) – Kuwait is a new established University; the first engineering student cohort will be admitted to University in Fall 2020. AIU will be offering American style education, degrees and majors to educate and serves the people of Kuwait as well as international students. The University provides high quality, relevant, and varied educational programs and opportunities for the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. The University values its role as an educational leader that promotes individual development and improves the overall quality of life in a diverse community. It offers academic and professional programs, which lead to degrees from the associate through baccalaureate and masters.
The school of engineering will be offering degrees in civil engineering, computer science, electrical and computer engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering and biomedical engineering. More programs at undergraduate and graduate levels may be offered in the future.
The Dean of the Engineering School is responsible for supervising all aspects of the school, including the following:
- Full time and adjunct faculty
- All degree programs within the school
- Course Scheduling
- Curriculum Development
- Course and Degree Program Assessment
- Website maintenance for the School
- Searches for new and replacement positions
- Budget for the School
- Promotion of Research and Scholarship
- Maintaining the Engineering Advisory Committee for the school
- Have experience with the American institutional accreditation system and process as well as specialized accreditation systems such as ABET
The Dean reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and expected to sit on all academic meetings and others bodies as appropriate. AIU is a developing university with very dynamic feature, it is expected that the school dean will take part of the university development.
- Doctoral degree in a relevant academic field from a reputable university;
- Documented record of administrative leadership experience;
- Minimum of six years of teaching and research at a higher education institute;
- Current academic rank of Professor/Associate Professor
- Demonstrated record of collaborative decision-making;
- Have experience in a multicultural and multi-linguistic environment
- Demonstrated experience with budget management;
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
About American International University:
AIU is a new institution of higher education in Kuwait with the first student cohort admitted in fall 2019. It is a private, co-educational institution offering undergraduate degrees based on the American model of higher education. Through its educational programs, the College serves the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. AIU’s offers degree programs in Engineering, Architecture, and Design, and Business Administration where the language of instruction is English.
For more information about AIU visit: www.aiu.edu.kw
Apply for Dean - School of Engineering
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly