Assistant Professor with Research Interests, Department of Economics
Department of Economics
The Department of Economics invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor with research interests in the area of Economics of Race & Gender and/or Economic History with a strong background in Microeconomics. We seek outstanding applicants with a demonstrated track record of excellence in research and teaching. Successful candidates are expected to develop vigorous, extramurally funded research programs in their areas of expertise, actively participate in the Department's teaching and curriculum development at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and mentor undergraduate and graduate students. Evidence of interest and success in mentoring underrepresented minority students is highly desired.
Howard University, a culturally diverse, comprehensive, research intensive and historically Black private university, provides an educational experience of exceptional quality at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels to students of high academic standing and potential, with particular emphasis upon educational opportunities for Black students. Howard University is classified as a Doctoral University: Higher Research Activity research by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. It is a residential campus of approximately 10,000 students located in the heart of the nation’s capital, Washington, DC.
- Earned doctorate in economics no later than Spring 2021; Record of scholarship, teaching, and professional service commensurate with the rank of assistant professor;
- Effective communication and organizational skills; and Evidence of successful grant writing experience.
Completed applications with following should be submitted through JOE application service.
1) Cover letter addressing qualifications listed above;
2) Current curriculum vita;
3) Statement of research accomplishments, interests and future plans;
4) Statement of teaching experience and philosophy; and
5) Three references letters.
Review of complete applications will begin November 15, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled, pending final budget approval.
Name/Email Address to receive Job Market Signals from the AEA: email@example.com
Name/Email Address to receive Job Market Scramble information from the AEA: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, religion, disability or protected veterans status. Veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Inquiries regarding provisions for persons with disabilities or veterans status, Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX should be directed to the Office of Employee Relations and Equal Employment Opportunity at 202-806-1280.
Apply for Assistant Professor with Research Interests, Department of Economics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Economics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.