Assistant Professor in Combinatorics, Department of Mathematics
Department of Mathematics
Assistant Professor in Combinatorics
The Department of Mathematics in the College of Arts and Sciences, Howard University, invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor with research interests in the area of Combinatorics, with a focus on enumerative and algebraic combinatorics. We seek outstanding applicants with the potential for excellence in research and teaching. Successful candidates are expected to develop extramurally funded research programs in their areas of expertise, actively participate in the Department's teaching and curriculum development at the undergraduate and graduate levels, mentor undergraduate and graduate students, and engage in service activities. Evidence of interest and success in mentoring underrepresented minority students is highly desired.
Howard University, a culturally diverse, comprehensive, research intensive and historically Black private university, provides an educational experience of exceptional quality at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels to students of high academic standing and potential, with particular emphasis upon educational opportunities for Black students. Howard University is classified as a Doctoral University: Higher Research Activity research by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. It is a residential campus of approximately 10,000 students located in the heart of the nation’s capital, Washington, DC.
- Earned doctorate in Mathematics from an accredited institution;
- Record of scholarship, teaching, and professional service commensurate with the rank of assistant professor;
- Effective communication and organizational skills; and
- Evidence of the potential to obtain external research funding.
Procedure for Candidacy
Complete applications should be addressed to Dr. David James, Search Committee Chair, and submitted electronically to email@example.com. Complete applications consist of a single PDF file containing:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications listed above;
- Current curriculum vita;
- Two-page statement of research accomplishments, interests and future plans;
- Two-page statement of teaching experience and philosophy; and
- Names and contact information for at least three references who will provide letters upon request from the search committee.
Screening will begin on November 15, 2020 and continue until the position is filled, pending final budget approval. The desired starting date is no later than August 15, 2021. Additional details and information can be found at http://mathematics.howard.edu.
Howard University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, marital status, religion, disability or protected veterans status. Veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Inquiries regarding provisions for persons with disabilities or veterans status, Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX should be directed to the Office of Employee Relations and Equal Employment Opportunity at 202-806-1280.
Apply for Assistant Professor in Combinatorics, Department of Mathematics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.