Posting Number: SRGV4587
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Student Affairs
Scope of Job:
Processes all undergraduate students' enrollment applications and documents in a timely and accurate way using university guidelines for admissions. Provides high-level administrative skills to the undergraduate admissions process.
Description of Duties:
• Processes student applications and documents, which involves verifying large amounts of data for accuracy and completeness in a timely manner.
• Using established policy, evaluates college course credit and records.
• Responds to student and faculty inquiries in a timely and professional manner, communicating important information about the application status and admissions process as needed.
• Imports application data from external database into the university student information system.
• Investigates, locates and matches admissions applications with other application documents, such as transcripts and test scores.
• Processes international student admissions applications following strict university and government guidelines; prepares documentation needed by the International Admissions Office to complete the visa process.
• Determines work priorities, handles multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously, and meets changing priorities and deadlines.
• Establishes a high level of integrity and ethical behavior in dealing with confidential information.
• Researches and confirms applicant residency status.
• Applies knowledge of admissions and university procedures in everyday work situations while utilizing independent judgment.
• Supports team members and other departments when needed.
• Complies with all University and state rules and regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned support staff.
High school diploma or equivalent.
• Three (3) years of administrative work experience related to job duties, in records management and/or performing related duties in an admissions office setting; or,
• One (1) year of stated work experience with 60 college credit hours or an Associate’s degree.
Use of standard office equipment. Ability to become proficient in student information systems and other software.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff and have high attention to detail. Excellent customer service skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 08/17/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26030