Director - Strategic Partnerships
Director - Strategic Partnerships
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Director of Strategic Partnerships works as part of a growing, global team to develop new industry partners and to build multi-faceted corporate relationships that involve experiential learning, philanthropy, and corporate learning. To this end, the Director is responsible for the cultivation and stewardship of a portfolio of company relationships. In addition, they play a leadership role in guiding the college's new job development strategy to meet the needs of a student population that is both growing in number and increasingly diverse in geography and background. To meet these responsibilities, the Director actively collaborates with colleagues in co-operative education, advancement, corporate learning (“B2B”), and in Northeastern's global network locations (Boston, Charlotte, London, Seattle, San Francisco, San Jose, Toronto, and Vancouver).
The Director's primary responsibilities are:
1. Manage a personal case load of active partners that engage with the university across opportunity areas, nurturing and expanding those relationships over time;
2. Nurture portfolio of leads, deepening their knowledge of Northeastern and exploring opportunities for hiring students (whether as co-ops, interns, or full time employees), supporting the school's work philanthropically (via scholarships or other), and engaging in corporate learning.
3. Work with business development colleagues to set the job development strategy for the college and translate that strategy into annual goals and tactics across team;
4. Work closely with career services, cooperative education, and experiential network (“XN”) colleagues to design and implement industry-focused events and engagement opportunities;
5. Similarly, collaborate with B2B (corporate learning) team, identify, explore and design corporate learning opportunities;
6. Uphold active and high quality usage of Salesforce and other key systems/processes.
- 10 years+ work experience in private sector and/or higher ed
- Proven track record in sales, fundraising, strategic relationship management
- Strong understanding of the tech industry and workforce development trends
- Mission driven, fueled by desire to make computer science education accessible and inclusive
- Creative thinker, action-oriented, versatile, ability to adapt in dynamic environment and takes initiative
- Effective communicator and ability to steward and motivate others
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/504022