Job ID: 221289
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Serve as primary point of operational contact between the College of Science and Mathematics and the departments within the College. Serve as the primary point of contact for the College and its external constituents. Oversee and perform a wide variety of administrative and program support activities for efficient day-to-day management of functional unit. Manage projects to keep efficiencies streamlined and communication fluid. Achieve goals in support of mission and vision of functional department and Georgia Southern University.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Coordinate academic and/or staff personnel matters.
- Resolves problems that have a significant impact on the overall goals
- Organize coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects and/or events in the day-to-day management of the College
- Administrative support and collaboration across all departments in the College of Science and Mathematics, with primary support of the Armstrong campus location of the College office, Biology Department, Chemistry and Biochemistry Department, Physics and Astronomy Department, Geology and Geography Department, Aquaponics and the SMART Center (tutor center)
- Administrative tasks: invoicing and payments, assist with coordination of special events and projects.
- Administrative oversight including: calendars, scheduling, invoices, and travel documents for multiple departments and projects.
- Coordinate office and staff support services by setting goals and deadlines for the department
- Assist in program planning and development for recruitment events, external entities
- Interpret, monitor, and analyze information regarding operating policies and procedures
- Administer budgets
- Bachelor's degree
- Three or more years of related work experience
- Experience with grant writing or administration (pre or post-award)
- Experience with Zoom, Banner, Cloud Express, Adobe products, Social Media, D2L
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at one time, setting priorities and working efficiently
$36,500 - $37,500
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including and Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, e-mail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Effective verbal and written communication, project, time management, organizational and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
Apply Before Date
November 4, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment although some events or projects may occur off campus
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- Occasional travel to the Statesboro or Liberty campuses
Standard and Education
3900150101 College of Science & Mathematics
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221289&PostingSeq=1