Job ID: 221270
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manage team of custodial foreman, custodians and custodian floor techs. Perform supervisory work involving assignment and direction of custodial employees in maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of buildings, offices, classrooms, restrooms, fitness centers, laboratories, restaurants, furnishings and equipment as well as building entrances and exterior walkways. Train new employees in proper custodial procedures for the use of manually operated tools, electrically-powered machines, cleaning compounds, solvents, and chemicals.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Coordinate training activities for team members
- Serve as direct supervisor for custodial foreman and workers in assigned area
- Organize specialty cleaning assignments
- Manage fuel and other powered equipment operations
- Serve as technical cleaning expert for all specialty cleaning events, floods, blood and body fluid clean-up events, scabies, bedbugs, lice, fleas, moisture concerns and fire restoration; and general area custodial matters, floor care and other specialty cleaning
- Supervise contract workers conducting custodial work
- Coordinate custodial emergency response functions
- Coordinate custodial inspections to evaluate quality of housekeeping services provided
- Notify proper authorities of emergency corrective needs
- Plan, implement, collect and report inspection findings through electronic means and enter outcomes into work order system
- Manage work orders to correct items found during inspections
- Organize and coordinate delivery of cleaning supplies and equipment to custodial closets, bulk storage sites, primary equipment rooms, emergency response vehicles and warehouse locations.
- Work in accordance with University policies, department procedures and state and federal regulations
- Follow all safety and other risk management policies in performance of work
- Serve in the absence of Custodial Superintendent
- Ensure that custodial personnel have the equipment and supplies necessary to perform custodial services by issuing supplies, equipment, building keys, and vehicles
- Assist in hiring qualified employees by participating in interview process
- Evaluate new custodial supplies and equipment by conducting tests and recommending the appropriateness of use
- Associate degree or equivalent formal technical training/post-secondary education
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience within a facilities work environment
- Experience working in a college or university setting.
Required Documents to Attach
Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section on your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Ability to plan, prioritize, assign, develop and review work projects
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze while multi-tasking
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Attentive to detail
- Excellent listening and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Apply Before Date
November 11, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Walk, bend, stoop, reach and stand throughout the day
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work from a ladder on occasion
- Exposed to outdoor elements
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Ability to drive University vehicles
Standard and Education
9950201 - Custodial Operations
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221270&PostingSeq=1