Development Officer (Associate Director) - Framingham State University
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Responsible for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors with the capacity to make gifts of $1,000 or greater to the University.
Director of Development
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct 140+ face-to-face meetings annually with assigned prospects for the purpose of further qualification as to giving potential.
- Cultivate and solicit qualified prospects for leadership annual gifts and major and planned gifts.
- Create comprehensive moves management strategies for all qualified assigned prospects.
- Provide stewardship to existing donors, coordinating with departmental and campus colleagues as needed.
- Complete post-meeting correspondence and document all activity in a timely manner
- Support other departmental initiatives and events.
- Responsible for reporting to the Equal Opportunity Officer or Title IX Coordinator knowledge or receipt of reports of discrimination, discriminatory harassment, and retaliation from students or other members of the university community.
- Accountable for ensuring that equal opportunity, affirmative action, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions in areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Office setting and travel to meeting sites outside of the university to meet with prospects and donors. Note: While COVID-19 restrictions are in place, most contact with prospects and donors will take place via phone and Zoom meetings. Required face-to-face meetings will be in place when restrictions are lifted. Frequent travel, some night/weekend work.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in fundraising, alumni relations, or other closely related fields. Prior experience in a higher education setting strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; creativity, initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities; leadership, personal approachability, teamwork and organizational skills
- The ability to work with high level prospects, alumni, donors and friends
- Frequent travel and some night/weekend work is required
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible position in the Association of Professional Administrators (APA) bargaining unit with a functional title Development Officer and an official title of Associate Director. The salary range is $58,000-65,000 commensurate with education and experience.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.