Assistant Director, Enrollment Growth & Student Professional Advancement
William Paterson University invites applications for the full-time 12-month position of Assistant Director, Enrollment Growth and Student Professional Advancement for the Cotsakos College of Business (CCOB).
Reporting to the Dean, the Assistant Director, Enrollment Growth and Student Professional Advancement, will lead the efforts to grow enrollment of high-caliber programs for the MBA, Master of Science (MS) and Certificate programs, and will support the growth and expansion of the College's Professional Enrichment program. The Assistant Director will develop and implement strategies to recruit, select and yield highly competitive students working in collaboration with the respective graduate program directors.
Join an energetic campus community and distinguished business faculty where excellence is reflected in mission, diversity and student success. The AACSB accredited Cotsakos College of Business, aims to increase student success with an enhanced focus on technology, globalization, professional enrichment, and stakeholder engagement. The College continuously strives to elevate the quality of its programs and develop new offerings to meet the changing needs of students as they navigate emerging professional fields of study. The College offers baccalaureate degrees in the functional business disciplines of Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning, Global Business, Marketing, Management, and Professional Sales, and graduate degrees in a range of disciplines including Business Analytics, Finance and Financial Services and Professional Sales.
For more information about our programs, we encourage you to visit https://www.wpunj.edu/ccob/
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the marketing team, to identify target markets and create strategies for attracting high-caliber applicants; maintain open communication to ensure alignment of marketing, recruiting, and admission strategy
- Build MBA, MS and Certificate program awareness by developing sustainable relationships and partnerships with regional businesses, non-profits, hospitals, social service agencies, professional associations and economic development agencies
- Drive recruitment, admission and yield management of prospective graduate and certificate students by hosting events, conducting online and in-person information sessions, identifying and pursuing untapped corporate and alumni opportunities; participate in and support social media outreach strategies
- Work with department chairs and other WP offices to address student grievances, curricular issues, and related academic matters
- Assist the Assurances of Learning (AOL) Coordinator with assessment of the MS and Certificate programs within the relevant framework of AACSB standards; including implementing methods to assess students' needs, interests and performance in the Student Professional Advancement (SPA) program: monitor and track stakeholder engagement in, and the results of, professional enrichment activities
- Support the growth and expansion of the College's SPA program by building sustainable internal and external relationships and partnerships, developing and administering a portfolio of co-curricular and experiential learning opportunities, assisting students in their search for appropriate and impactful opportunities, collaborating with the Career Development Center and other internal and external stakeholders; periodically evaluating, recommending and implementing change
- Work with the Career Development Center and the Registrar's Office to ensure that co-curricular and experiential learning activities are properly recognized. Provide updates to Associate Dean on issues that may merit intervention
- Maintain accurate records of student information including up-to-date procedural guidelines, application and qualification processes, schedules, dates and deadlines, standard forms and agreements, expectations for students, employers, advisors, and administrators
- Measurably increase the College's online presence by managing the College's webpage and social media accounts; keep content and design current, facilitate effective Web-based communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Represent the University at meetings, conferences, or events and conducts relevant presentations
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Appropriate fields of study include business, marketing, psychology, communication, public relations, student affairs, or other related field
- Three (3) or more years of progressively responsible program administration in higher education
- Track record of successful recruitment and enrollment outcomes
- Track record of engaging diverse student populations in co-curricular and experiential learning opportunities that were collaboratively developed through partnerships with organizations such as faculty, student organizations, industry, non-profits, professional organizations, governmental and non-governmental organization
- Proficiency in Information Technology, Web Development, Data Analysis, Microsoft Suite, and Educational Technology either through academic or professional experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evening and weekend assignments
- Master's degree
- Experience delivering effective and engaging presentations
Personal attributes and traits:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex material in both written and oral format in a way that constituents will understand your meaning and intention
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for self-development and learning to applying new technology to streamline processes and solve problems
- Ability to prioritize work, set reasonable and attainable milestones, and stay on time line to achieve agreed upon goals
- Capable of developing and sustaining relationships with a diverse group of individuals who may have competing wants and needs
- Able to stay motivated and effective when working independently
- Able lead by example when working in a group
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial and intra-preneurial mindset with an enthusiasm for experimenting with new ideas and innovative programming
Invitation to apply
to apply for the position
Interested candidates will be prompted to:
Complete an application
Submit a cover letter & CV
Provide names/contacts of three professional references
Submission of all documents listed above is required for consideration.
Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. General questions related to this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout William Paterson:
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs that range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 10,000 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 380-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.