Dean of the Undergraduate College
The University of Jamestown seeks applicants for the position of Dean of the Undergraduate College to oversee all aspects of the college’s academic affairs at its campus in Jamestown, North Dakota. The University of Jamestown was founded by Presbyterian settlers to the Dakota Territory in 1883 and maintains its founders’ commitment to the development of wholeness in its students. The university blends the liberal arts with sound professional preparation, offers rich co-curricular activities, and integrates its commitment to the Christian faith throughout all of its operations. The next dean will be expected to carry out the university’s mission and be committed to the values of the university.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversight of a wide range of undergraduate academic departments including programs in the hard sciences, social sciences, humanities, fine arts, business, teacher education, nursing, and engineering;
- Oversight of the university’s co-curricular offerings in the performing arts, including band, choir, and theatre;
- Working closely with departments requiring specialized accreditation and with the university’s institutional effectiveness team to maintain regional accreditation through the HLC;
- Management of the college’s personnel, including the appointment of department chairs and program directors;
- Promotion of college-wide inclusion and diversity initiatives;
- Management of the college’s academic budgets;
- The dual responsibility of representing administrative interests and perspectives to the faculty and faculty interests and perspectives to the administration.
The ideal candidate will have an earned doctorate, previous administrative experience at the level of department chair, program director or higher, and experience teaching at the collegiate level. The individual must have good interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to solve complex problems. The university excels in the area of leadership development and seeks to create an administration, faculty, and staff that is representative of the nation as a whole; as such, we encourage applications from individuals of groups that are historically underrepresented in American higher education.
The Dean of the College of Undergraduate Studies reports to the Provost and sits on the President’s Council. S/he holds faculty status. The start date may be as early as January 2021 and is negotiable.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, c.v., and contact information for at least three professional references to Rachel Holsten, Assistant to the Provost, 6092 College Lane, Jamestown, ND, 58405. Electronic submissions are preferred and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Jamestown
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Jamestown
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Jamestown
- Deans Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Jamestown