Research Technician II
Help with mouse husbandry, perform genotyping, mouse surgeries and biomedical experiments.
- Performs mouse husbandry work.
- Performs DNA extraction and PCR reactions.
- Administers stereotaxic injections into mice.
- Implements specialized feeding protocols.
- Administers and records glucose intolerance tests on mice.
- Performs insulin testing of mice.
- Works directly with BCM-CCM to maintain animal colonies in accordance with grant protocols.
- Records animal weight and mass measurements in accordance with protocols.
- Helps with other experiments e.g. qPCR, Western blot, tissue prep, cell culture, gel imaging, etc.
- Assists with analysis of animal research experiments and documents/inputs results into a database.
- Prepares and consolidates data and analysis for weekly Zoom lab meetings.
- Collects, correlates, analyzes, summarizes and reports on data/results identifying data integrity issues.
- Operates lab equipment, including CLAMS animal observations cages.
- Conducts physical, chemical, biological and other research laboratory tests on laboratory animal populations.
- Reviews laboratory methods manual, scientific journals, abstracts and other literature for information applicable to research experiments.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston