The Research Associate position is available in Dr. Yi Zhu's lab at the Children's Nutrition Research Center to study how adipose tissue-derived hyaluronan affects the development of liver fibrosis and whether gap junctions play a role in this process. Detailed duties include establishing isolation procedures for different hepatic cell populations, studying transgenic mouse models with altered hyaluronan synthesis or degrading in various hepatic cell populations. The research objective in Dr. Yi Zhu's laboratory is to understand the basic biology of metabolic organs to propel new concepts and biologics to treat diseases related to over-nutrition.
- Establish isolation procedures for different hepatic cell populations.
- Generate and characterize transgenic mouse lines manipulating hyaluronan synthesis or degrading enzymes in various hepatic cell populations.
- Treat mice with different gap junction modulating compounds and study their effects on fibrogenesis.
- Perform single-cell sequencing to study interactions between cellular populations in the liver under the influence of excess circulating hyaluronan.
- Independently carry out molecular biology, cell culture, and animal experiments.
- Analyze data, prepare presentations for scientific meetings, and manuscripts for scientific journals.
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a medical Bachelor degree (MBBS) in a metabolism related area.
- Should be motivated to pursue a career in science, team-oriented, proactive, dedicated, honest, critical, and open-minded.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston