We are seeking a candidate who is highly motivated for laboratory bench research and technology development and is well organized with excellent communication skills. The major responsibility is to conduct high-throughput antibody based proteomics array and bead assays as a core service in support of collaborative research with a broad range of Baylor College of Medicine faculty. Moreover, the position requires ability to develop new technology platforms and design research experiments. Additional responsibilities include data management and reporting, Q/C and Q/I procedures, maintenance of high-end instrumentation, and literature searching and summarizing.
Areas of research experience include protein biochemistry, protein isolation and purification, cell and tissue fraction for extraction of proteins, quantification of proteins, immunochemical methods for protein detection, QC procedures, data analysis software and computational skills with regard to biotechnology. Other preferred experience is with automated robotics instrumentation and associated software platforms, cell culture methods and high throughput assays.
- Perform all targeted proteomic platform laboratory technologies that are standard operating procedures (SOP) as Core services.
- Develop new proteomic technology platforms which would expand the range of Core services.
- Design and conduct experiments needed for platform development and other projects.
- Search literature and summarize information about the most advanced and updated proteomic technologies and technology needs in the field.
- Prepare experimental samples for targeted proteomics including cell and tissue protein extracts, body fluids, serum/blood, Q/C and quantification of protein samples and purification of proteins and other samples used as controls.
- Perform SOPs in an independent manner.
- Q/C analysis of raw proteomic data sets and management of processed primary data.
- Careful, timely and thorough documentation and reporting of Core supported user projects.
- Some general laboratory management duties such as inventory and ordering supplies.
- Master's degree in a Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston