Research Technician III
Baylor College of Medicine is an internationally renowned medical and research institution that attracts students from around the world. Baylor consistently ranks among the top of the nation's 147 medical schools with U.S. News and World Report placing the College 22nd in its annual survey of best medical schools for research and 4th for primary care in 2019.
A full-time position for a research technician is available in the laboratory of Dr. Benjamin Frankfort at Baylor College of Medicine (Baylor), Houston, Texas. Dr. Frankfort is a clinician scientist with clinical and research focus on glaucoma, a blinding neurodegenerative disease. The lab aims to understand the basic mechanisms of glaucoma and uses a combination of genetic and inducible models to study the effects of elevated eye pressure on various aspects of retinal biology.
The primary purpose of the Research Technician III is to provide technical and coordination skills to carry out various research projects. The ideal candidate will have experience with mice. The position will be expected to perform mouse colony maintenance including genotyping, retinal histology, mouse vision testing, and retinal cell culture. The position will be trained in all the relevant skills by experienced scientists. This position is an outstanding opportunity for career development for science graduates interested in biomedical research.
• Apply molecular biology, behavioral, and cell culture techniques to understand disease mechanisms.
• Perform mouse breeding, genotyping, and colony maintenance.
• Plan, direct, and conduct research experiments.
• Evaluate and analyze data.
• Document results of experiments and report to principal investigator.
• Oversee the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Research experience with mice.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston