Research Coordinator I
Seeking full-time research coordinator interested in geriatrics and health care delivery. Research coordinator who is detail-oriented, has strong written communication skills, an open-mind, and self-directed. Coordinates day to day activities of research protocols relating to the implementation of the Patient Priorities Care approach, which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of Veteran participants, as well as relationship building and support for clinical partner participation. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.
- Conducts literature reviews
- Assists with data analysis
- Reading, revising portions of research papers and grants
- Prepares materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
- Prepares materials for Baylor Institutional Review Board and VA e-VACS
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol. Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Coordinates meetings with community partners.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party. May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Education Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education Preferred: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.