Assistant Vice President, Human Resources Talent
Virginia Tech is hiring an energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with a proven track record of accomplishment, building teams to enable Human Resources to partner and support and position clients to greater levels of success through recruitment, retention and development of their most important and valuable resource, talent.
What you will do- Lead with Vision. The AVP will provide strategic and organizational guidance to senior leaders on human resources issues. The AVP will evaluate and update the current HR policies and procedures and implement best practices while looking to future trends and oversee Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Compensation, Hokie Wellness and Employee Relations.
• The ideal candidate will have demonstrated human resources leadership experience, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to lead and implement change in a consensus-driven and progressive way.
• Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field AND significant experience in Human Resources leadership.
• The candidate must possess significant experience as a senior executive in a business, government or higher education organization of relevant size and complexity, with a deep and broad background in human resources, and a command of innovative practices in the field.
• PHR/SPHR or SHRM CP/SCP preferred.
• Advanced degree in Human Resources or related field.
November 10th 2020
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Jeff Cumberland at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: October 15, 2020
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Human Resources Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg