Ft Faculty - Cyber Security
FULL TIME FACULTY CYBER SECURITY
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
This position is directly responsible for designing and delivering instruction to students enrolled in the newly created cybersecurity program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Designs courses, including instructional content, to meet learning outcomes and promote students’ active participation in their own learning
- Delivers instruction according to course and program level outcomes
- Maintains, updates, manages, and ensures accuracy of content on Learning Management System (Brightspace) for all assigned courses.
- Completes faculty administrative tasks including, but not limited to:
- Holds faculty advisement hours with students
- Completes all course certification processes (e.g. active pursuit certification, mid-term and final grading, etc.)
- Attends discipline and department meetings
- Creates an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies
- Employs a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of student learning outcomes for the course
- Helps students reach their academic, personal, and career goals and fosters a safe environment that respects the diversity of individuals and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn
- Contributes to and provides leadership in academic and professional communities and promotes collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities
- Serves as a representative and faculty lead at discipline meetings
- Serves on the program advisory council and works to foster meaningful relationships with industry, community, and academic partners .
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, work experience in the area of Computer Security Forensics Investigation and Networking Certification programs.
- Experience as an instructor/trainer including planning, scheduling, and delivering cyber security and related training programs and materials
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, self-motivated, results-driven and well organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Cisco Certified Network Association (CCNA)-Preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)-Preferred
Chicago residency is required of all full time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago