Athletic Sports Information Coordinator
Under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director of Media Relations, the Sports Information Coordinator will be responsible for distribution of press releases for the Dixie State University Athletic department, managing and updating Athletic Department’s social media platforms, providing maintenance of athletic websites, and assisting the Associate Athletic Director in any media-related tasks. Information about Dixie State Athletics can be found online at https://dixiestateathletics.com/ .
- Assist the Associate Athletic Director of Media Relations
(Sports Information Director) with a variety of tasks connected to
all aspects of athletic communications for DSU’s intercollegiate
athletic programs, including:
- Creating and distributing press releases to the media, community, alumni and Dixie State faculty and staff to further develop Dixie State in the local community, the state of Utah level, and the national level.
- Developing relationships with all local and state media outlets in order to garner additional coverage of Dixie State athletic teams in the form of game-day event coverage, interviews, photo requests, etc.
- Using social media outlets to promote department news.
- Continually maintaining and updating the DSU Athletic website.
- Responding to conference office(s), conference institutions, and any other institution’s request for pertinent information.
- Maintain up-to-date records on all events and alumni related to DSU Athletics. This would include both past and present athletes and the development of archives.
- Garner and disseminate information on DSU athletes, such as hometowns, interest stories, practice progress, pre-game stories, brochures, pamphlets, etc.
- Travel with teams for away contests, as required.
- Adhere to all NCAA, Western Athletic Conference, and DSU rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field required.
- At least two years’ experience in media relations or related field required; background in sports information preferred.
- Skills in the use of personal computers and related software application, particularly Microsoft Office programs and graphic design (Adobe Suite).
- Ability to coordinate statistics during athletic events and manage scorer’s table crews and press boxes required; experience in StatCrew (Football/Baseball/Softball) and NCAA Live Stats (Basketball/Volleyball/Soccer) preferred.
- Experience updating and maintaining websites required; working knowledge of SIDEARM Sports website maintenance, as well as promotion via social media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/YouTube) preferred.
- Ability to use independent judgement and in organizing resources and establishing priorities to gather, manage, and impart information to the media and various other internal and external audiences.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment, with strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials, as well as gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of sports press box procedures, techniques, facilities and equipment.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions; supervisory experience in managing interns preferred.
- Ability to work and travel evenings and weekends, as sports schedule/away contests dictate.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of $36,500, with an excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details). Desired start date of November 16 or December 1, 2020.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins October 30, 2020 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George