Director of Career Services - WVU-TECH (Beckley)
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses located in Beckley, WV, is currently inviting applications for the following employment opportunity:
Director of Career Services - This position is Non-Classified, 12-month, full-time and benefits-eligible reporting to the Dean of Students.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Develop, coordinate, and present career related events.
- Coordinate the cooperative education and internship program.
- Advise students about major/career selection.
- Facilitate networking of qualified students with hiring agencies.
- Departmental leadership.
- Manage day to day operations of the Office of Career Services, including, but not limited to budget and student appointment/meetings.
- Assist with Division wide initiatives and projects at the discretion of the Dean of Students.
Work Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; with additional late hours, and occasional weekends.
WVU provides competitive wages for its employees, and takes related experience and education into consideration when determining appropriate salary.
WVU offers a comprehensive benefits package, 12 paid holidays and generous paid time off, as well as many other discounts and services. Learn more about available benefits at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/benefits-and-compensation.
- Masters degree in college student personnel/higher education, education, business, or human resources are strongly preferred or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Two (2) to Four (4) years experience in higher education environment.
- Two (2) to Four (4) years experience in innovation, marketing, communication, presentations, and advising.
- Two (2) to Four (4) years experience in web content development, and computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite.
- One (1) to (2) years experience in career services/student affairs.
- Six (6) months to One (1) year experience in developing, coordinating, and providing programs and services online/virtually.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.