Adjunct Instructor - VCUarts Qatar - Graphic Design
Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Instructor - VCUarts Qatar - Graphic Design Department Qatar Campus Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range VCUarts Qatar Standard Adjunct Rate Campus Qatar Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Part-Time Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Graphic Design Department at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Arts Qatar (VCUarts Qatar) requires an adjunct instructor to teach the Spring 2021 semester a three-credit course: GDES 491 Q05 Topics in Design: Mixed Reality Production Design. The course will be taught beginning January 05, 2021, and ending April 29, 2021.
This course will introduce students to fundamental concepts, theories, and techniques related to
designing and developing immersive media products. Students will research and develop MR
applications, thereby acquiring technical skills in trigger-based AR and interactive VR. This course will
engage students in a critical assessment of varying affordances of different mixed reality products. It will
equip students with a tangible understanding of and experience working directly with developing
The duties of the adjunct instructor are:
(1) Complete all required university training (i.e. FERPA ) before the first class session;
(2) Provide to the students on in the first class-session a course syllabus that includes an effective and appropriate course scope, structure, requirements, and evaluation method as collaboratively determined with the other section instructors of these two associated courses, as well as the relevant department and university policies that are provided by the department chair;
(3) Enforce in a constructive manner upon the students all relevant department and university policies;
(4) Prepare for all class sessions so that class time is used effectively toward the learning objectives of the course;
(5) Avail oneself to the students for at least one office hour per week as well as make his/her university email available to the students;
(6) Complete assessment of all assignments and provide as feedback to the students in a timely manner;
(7) Submit the midterm and final grades of the course according to the method and schedule provided by the university registrar.
• A graduate degree in a field related to the course(s) one would teach.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm towards teaching and interacting within a multicultural environment as an adjunct faculty member at VCUarts Qatar.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as an adjunct faculty member at VCUarts Qatar.
• Appropriate teaching experience and/or strong oral presentation and communication skills.
• Experience teaching studio courses in Qatar, the Arab Gulf, or the Middle East.
Job Open Date 10/15/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please submit application materials via VCU eJobs at www.vcujobs.com. Only electronic applications submitted via eJobs will be accepted.
Application materials should include the following:
1. Current CV or Resume
2. A list of three current references including names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses (references will not be contacted prior to applicant’s approval)
3. Examples of student assignments and/or student work, if available
CV/Resume and list of references should be submitted as one PDF in the “Curriculum Vitae (CV)” section of eJobs; and, due to file size limitations, the examples of student work should be submitted in a PDF in the “Other Documents” section of eJobs.
Applicants must have a valid residence permit and currently living in Qatar.
Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101164 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3