DEI Educational Manager
Job Code/Title 81276 - H - Sr Program Manager GA 3 Position Number H81276 Working Title DEI Educational Manager Department Office Of Health Innovation Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $37.18 - $42.00 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 29 Normal work days Monday - Friday Normal work hours 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ( DEI ) Education Manger will oversee the Educational Framework that is part of the VCU Health Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion ( DEI ) Plan. The DEI Education Framework is a strategic imperative supported by the university and the health system that articulates the following priority; develop and implement ongoing education and training programs.
This position will outline activities that can support the learning and engagement opportunities to assist in the progression of VCU and VCU Health System faculty, team members, and learners along the healing and educational journey. The DEI Education Manager will develop relationships across VCU Health to plan a series of discussions, activities, and events geared towards a variety of audiences.
Job responsibilities include:
1. Developing and managing the process for the identification of programs and activities that will included on the DEI education framework “calendar”.
2. Meeting with the DEI representatives from the health sciences schools to introduce the concept and getting their feedback and assistance in identifying opportunities.
3. Coordinating all components of activities that are hosted by the Office of VP for Health Sciences or VCUHS administration.
4. Working with health sciences schools in curriculum transformation efforts to integrate DEI, health equity, and anti-racism pedagogy.
5. Working with VCU and VCU Health team members to develop the evaluation methods for events and activities (i.e., surveys, tracking social media feedback and engagements, etc.).
6. Working with VCU and VCUHS team members to identify strategies to promote/advertise the programs and activities.
7. Identification of methods to solicit community feedback regarding the framework.
• Minimum of one year of professional experience in a college or university or health care setting
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
• Master’s degree in the discipline of interest
• Excellent written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills
Job Open Date 10/15/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101144 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond