Degree Audit Coordinator
University Code 35111 University Title Student Services Coordinator 1-3 University Job Family Student Services ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Degree Audit Coordinator Position Number 528960 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Records & Registration Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Reporting to the Assistant Registrar for Degree Audit in the Department of Records and Registration, the Degree Audit Coordinator works as a member of a team to maintain the degree audit system for VCU which enables students to understand where they are in their education career and what courses are contributing to their degree. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and rational deduction abilities working in a student information system.
Primary responsibilities include:
◦ Maintain degree audit (Degree Works) system, including creating and modifying Degree Works programming and settings.
◦ Process substitution/waiver requests and changes to student program information in Degree Works and Banner.
◦ Execute responsibilities to facilitate the graduation application process for VCU students, including processing graduation applications and liaising with departmental constituents.
◦ Problem-solve, troubleshoot, and resolve causes of Degree Works, student program, or graduation related issues.
◦ Aid in the regular maintenance of high-traffic Google Forms and Sheets in Google Drive by processing and filtering data.
◦ Assist with development, maintenance, and communication of internal documentation and training materials for constituents.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in management, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field and/or the equivalent in work experience or training.
• Strong analytical and rational deduction abilities.
• Ability to attend to details with minimal errors and supervision.
• Exceptional initiative and problem-solving skills associated with researching and resolving complex issues.
• Strong and diplomatic communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to follow written and oral procedures with confidence and minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to learn, retain and recall information and processes efficiently.
• Exceptional documentation skills.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Technology skills to include experience with advanced techniques in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
• Experience with SQL, SAS, or other programming language.
• Experience with a student information system and/or degree audit product, e.g., Banner, CAPP, Degree Works.
• Several years of experience in an enrollment services area of a university.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range up to $37,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm Job Open Date 10/02/2020 Posting will close on or before 10/25/2020 Open Until Filled No Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100945 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe any experience with coding, data reporting,
spreadsheets, or databases.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe any work experience relevant to this position,
highlighting experiences related to higher education, advising, or
student information systems.
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond