Visiting Assistant Professor of Animation
The Division of Expanded Media at Alfred University seeks candidates for the position of Visiting Assistant Professor of Animation. Candidates must have a demonstrated commitment to experimental animation practices using digital animation tools. Experimental approaches to artmaking of interest include but are not limited to: single channel animation, storyboarding, installation, virtual reality, multi channel projection, and experimental narrative. Candidates must demonstrate a knowledge of 3D and/or 2D animation practices and have teaching experience that includes hands-on investigations of animation practices.
Faculty Responsibilities & Opportunities
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to provide students a rich educational environment for experimentation and personal growth.
- Candidate will have the opportunity to engage Expanded Media faculty in the enrichment and extension of experimental animation practices.
- The successful candidate will participate in division service and teach a 3/3 load.
- The candidate must be conversant in essential animation terminologies and be open to dialogues across other art forms within the Division of Expanded Media.
- Candidate must be able to engage art theory as it relates to animation within a multicultural context. Candidate must have a strong commitment to teaching undergraduate and graduate students
- Minimum qualifications include an M.F.A. in 3D and/or 2D Animation.
- The successful candidate will have two or more years of teaching experience and a proven engagement with the larger art community.
- Additional certifications or other specialties strengthen applications for this position. An ability to work and teach collaboratively, compassionately and empathetically is essential.
- Letter of Interest (pdf)
- CV (pdf)
- Artist Statement, links of personal and student work (viewable online)
- Teaching Philosophy which addresses diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Sample syllabi (PDF)
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Application review starts January 15, 2021.
For further information about the position, contact Search Chair, Assistant Professor Eric Souther at email@example.com.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.