Instructional Assistant Professor - Biology - (FAC001400)
The Honors College at the University of Houston invites applications for an Instructional Assistant Professor to teach three Biology, Biochemistry, or Honors courses each semester, including the first-year Honors Biology sequence.
Applicants for this position should be prepared to teach sustainability courses, including experiential learning components such as service learning and learning abroad and teach science communication and/or undergraduate research courses, including experiential learning components. The candidate will serve as the Associate Director of the Energy & Sustainability program in the Honors College. Responsibilities include curriculum development and assisting with the administration of the program.
The University of Houston, with one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation, seeks to recruit and retain a diverse community of scholars. To apply, please submit an online application that will include a letter of application emphasizing teaching experience and any co-curricular activities, such as study abroad, service learning, and the sponsorship of undergraduate research; a CV; and three letters of recommendation. The Search Committee will begin considering applications immediately.
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Completed doctorate in Biology or Biochemistry
- At least 3 years experience teaching introductory biology with enhanced student learning components.
- Experience with student mentoring and/or other co-curricular student engagement activities (preferred)
- Experience managing an interdisciplinary undergraduate program (preferred)
- Experience advising students pursuing an interdisciplinary degree plan (preferred)
- Experience planning and executing student-success oriented events (preferred)
Notes to Applicant: Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of final candidate. All positions at the University of Houston are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.