Associate Dean and Director of Learning Resources
Associate Dean and Director of Learning Resources
Type: Full-time Faculty
Post Date: 10/14/2020
Position Available Date: N/A
The University of Mary Hardin Baylor seeks qualified candidates for Associate Dean and Director of Learning Resources to lead its Townsend Memorial Library. This is a year-round, non-tenure track faculty position with initial appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor, commensurate with experience. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
Reporting to the Provost, the Associate Dean and Director of Learning Resources is responsible for helping our students and faculty become information-literate in a digital world. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic, experienced, and innovative academic professional with significant experience in information literacy program development, collection development, reference and instruction services, coordination of information technology, assessment of library services, and oversight of library personnel, facilities and budget. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff to leverage the university's library initiatives and resources to contribute to the strategic goals of the campus.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 22,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Librarians are members of the UMHB faculty and are expected to demonstrate continuous professional development in addition to performing their specific responsibilities. This expectation includes participating in and contributing to departmental, library and campus-wide committees/working groups and maintaining a broad awareness of current and emerging issues that affect research, teaching and learning, as well as service to the university and the community.
Specific Responsibilities: The Associate Dean and Director of Learning Resources provides leadership for the Townsend Memorial Library. Within the university's polices and parameters, specific duties will include:
- Develop short- and long-range plans for the library, consistent with the vision, mission, and goals of the university.
- Provide visionary leadership to achieve the library's strategic goals.
- Provide effective library faculty/staff leadership, supervision and professional development.
- Maintain close contact with the deans of the Colleges and Schools by attending faculty meetings as needed, and assessing future needs.
- As requested, consult in planning processes to add new academic programs and courses in order to plan for, and provide necessary support.
- Develop and implement new initiatives, services, and apply emerging technologies to foster learning and research.
- Develop policies, in consultation with deans, directors, professional librarians, administration, and faculty concerning the development and provision of library resources and services.
- Supervise well-organized procedures for the selection, acquisition and cataloging of physical and online collections, books, periodicals and other library materials to support the university curricula.
- Prepare the annual library budget for the Provost via the usual channels, and authorize the expenditure of budgeted library funds.
- An MLIS or MLS from an ALA-accredited program.
- A minimum of five (5) years full time collegiate-level library leadership experience, including faculty/staff supervision, is required.
- Demonstrated effective teaching experience or experience creating and delivering presentations/workshops to groups of 20+ people.
- Expertise in information literacy standards and current industry trends with the ability to create engaging presentations, workshops and online materials for use by students, faculty and staff.
- Membership in relevant professional library organizations is expected.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Must be an active and committed Christian.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies, and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB's mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.
To apply, visit https://umhb.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2zc18ofmpxb $GUID$