University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.40 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Provides administrative functions related to the operation of the Department of Agricultural and Extension Education. Serves as a liaison with faculty, staff and outside agencies including the Idaho State Division of Career and Technical Education (CTE), Idaho Agricultural Teachers Association (IATA), and the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences. Assists with statewide programming efforts which include coordination of Idaho State FFA Career Development events, Idaho FFA State Convention, CTE Summer Reach Conference and instructor in-service activities. Provides coordination and oversight of all departmental hiring processes for faculty, staff, temporary help and work study positions; assists the director with personnel and affirmative action matters; coordinates a wide variety of departmental meetings and events including, but not limited to, travel arrangements, agendas, accommodations, meeting rooms and refreshments; serves as unit resource and liaison for interpretation and implementation of university, college and departmental policies, rules and procedures; maintains departmental personnel records; and performs related work as required.
• One year of experience providing administrative support.
• Experience in: interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services; independently solving problems/performing liaison activities in a work setting; coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements.
• Education: Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in office management, business, or related field.
• 3-5 years of experience providing administrative support.
• Experience with: the University of Idaho Banner Finance, Human Resources, and Student modules, or a similar system at another institution; working at a higher education institution.
• Ability to: form excellent and productive relationships with individuals of differing cultures, backgrounds and education levels; work independently with minimum supervision.
• Good knowledge of: office support functions including word processing; filing; composing a variety of business documents; reception; and researching, compiling, and summarizing data for reports.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002613P
Posting Date: 10/14/2020
Closing Date: 10/28/2020
Open Until Filled: No
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.