Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Outstanding opportunity to be a part of a diverse, engaged, and student-centered community. Washtenaw Community College (WCC) strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
Washtenaw Community College (WCC) is in beautiful Ann Arbor,
MI. WCC offers excellent compensation including an
outstanding benefit package.
• Comprehensive Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance provided at a low premium cost
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Paid Tuition Benefit (inside and outside of WCC)
• Top Tier Retirement Plan with up to a 12% college contribution
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
The Executive Vice President and CFO provides
leadership, strategic direction and administrative oversight to the
College’s financial areas and assigned support departments. This
position will ensure proper controls, policies, and procedures are
in place to maintain the integrity of the College’s financial data,
records, and assets.
Areas of responsibility include Finance, Budget, Purchasing, Auxiliary Services, Facilities Operations, and Construction. The EVP/CFO also works in partnership with the college’s CIO, EVP of Student and Academic Services and the Senior Leadership team in support of the strategic priorities of the College.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Master’s degree in finance, business administration or related areas.
• Eight (8) years of progressively more responsible experience in the strategic leadership, management and direction of an administration and finance division. C-Suite experience desired.
• Experience with finance operations, capital budget, information technology, budgeting and financial forecasting, contract negotiation, debt financing, regulatory compliance, facility operations, higher education experience is preferred.
• Ability to exhibit leadership, initiative, enthusiasm, team work and collaboration with faculty, staff and with external constituents in the execution of the responsibilities of the position.
• Proven excellent interpersonal skills for effective regular contact with diverse internal and external individuals and groups.
• Experience with the leadership and implementation of strategic plans, data analytics, and marketing strategies.
• Experience presenting before the College Board of Trustees and other external/internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrated skill in negotiating and communicating effectively while establishing cooperative working relationships.