Executive Director of Adult and Online Programs
Hiram College invites applications for the position of Executive Director of Adult and Online Programs. We seek a dynamic and committed professional to serve in this position.
Hiram College, established in 1850 as the Western Reserve Eclectic Institute, is a nationally respected private residential liberal arts college located 30 miles from Cleveland in the historic Western Reserve region of Ohio. At Hiram, close student-faculty interaction and innovation are routine. The College's distinctive academic calendar, the Hiram Plan, offers students the opportunity each semester for a 3-week intensive course, study abroad/away program, internship, or research experience.
Reporting to the Vice President for Academic
Affairs and the Vice President for Enrollment
Management, the Executive Director will provide collaborative
and institutional leadership in the areas of online and
adult education at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. The
role involves working closely with the academic
deans, academic units, admission staff, and student
support services. It requires a strong understanding of strategy,
technology platforms, current best practices in adult and
online education, and higher education policy issues. This
individual will be responsible for leading efforts to establish a
distinct brand identity for Hiram’s offerings and will be
expected to grow enrollment and foster a distinctive student
experience for adult and online learners through degree and
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following*:
- Direct the development, implementation, and assessment of online, face-to-face, and hybrid strategy for degree and non-degree programs for adult learners, including working closely with Instructional technology on campus to determine technology platforms.
- Advise the President and Senior Cabinet on the appropriate organizational structure for online and adult education.
- Identify, deliver, and assess superior learning outcomes for adult learners, working closely with the deans and the campus assessment committee.
- Develop relationships with industry and community partners to understand their workforce needs and grow continuing education and online enrollment for degree and non-degree seeking students.
- Develop corporate and government partners’ programs.
- Work closely with the center for adult studies, academic deans, and others to identify short-and long-term certificate programs, online degree programs, and upskilling and reskilling options for industry.
- Work closely with enrollment management and marketing and communications as strategic partners to build the online, adult, and graduate offerings and student support mechanisms.
- In consultation with the vice president of enrollment management and the vice president of academic affairs create a strategic enrollment plan for online programs and adult education across the institution.
- Under the guidance of enrollment management, work on the recruitment of prospective students to non-degree, degree, certificate, and certification programs, including marketing, annual goal setting, events, and special targeted initiatives.
- Under the guidance of the Offices of Enrollment Management and Marketing and Communications, develop, and execute appropriate marketing and communication strategy to meet recruitment goals.
- Manage efforts to increase student retention and persistence to a degree, including targeted efforts for select programs to create opportunities for the successful migration from certificate to degree-seeking options.
- Work closely with the deans and others to identify, hire, and deploy faculty as needed.
- Serve as a liaison to academic deans, program directors, and other academic officers.
- Other duties as assigned
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Master’s degree required; Ph.D. preferred.
- At least five years of experience building and managing programs in adult and online education in higher education.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have experience working in undergraduate programs.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing online programs and platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in creating partnerships with industry and community to develop market-responsive programming.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a strategic enrollment plan; understanding technology platforms to support strategic initiatives.
- In-depth understanding of online learning pedagogy, technology, best practices, and experience with Moodle and/or other learning management systems.
- Understanding of the competitive and changing landscape in graduate, adult, and online education and strategic enrollment management.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals in a diverse college community. Must be able to build relationships across campus with faculty, staff, and students.
- Outstanding leadership skills to manage change and help stakeholders understand the nature and relevance of graduate, adult, and online programs.
- Experience directing a diverse instructional program involving a group of academic subject areas.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty in various disciplines to collaboratively manage distance and online education
- Knowledge of the use and effectiveness of CRM and SIS systems.
- Awareness of best practices in admission and student services.
- Ability to lead teams and collaborative groups and work independently with cross-unit, inter-institutional entities to move initiatives forward.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply at https://www.hiram.edu/careers-at-hiram/ Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references, including their names, email addresses, and phone numbers. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiram College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Excellence through Diversity.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hiram
- Business & Management Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hiram
- Business Administration Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hiram
- Education Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hiram
- Education Administration & Leadership Executive Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hiram