Assistant Professor - Social Work
UW System Title: Assistant Professor
Start Date: Fall 2021 Essential Job Functions The Professional Programs in Social Work at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay invites applicants for a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of Social Work. The successful candidate will teach social work courses in the BSW and MSW programs, with primary responsibility in the MSW Program. The MSW Program offers a concentration in Advanced Generalist Practice with an individualized area of emphasis and values university-level teaching experience. The successful candidate will perform scholarly activities, university and community service, and contribute to the ongoing development of the department. The program has a strong team emphasis which includes team teaching, offers a competency-based education with a strength’s perspective, and takes a proactive stance valuing diverse and inclusive perspectives.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Teach courses in the BSW and MSW Programs, with primary responsibilities in the MSW Program. Courses will be taught both face-to-face and online.
- Advance equity and social justice in the classroom and community.
- Independently develop and implement sound teaching lessons from an andragogical perspective.
- Demonstrate the knowledge, value, and skill base for social work in an understandable and applied manner.
- Advise students both academically and professionally.
- Perform scholarly activities consistent with rank.
- Perform institutional and community service.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of department.
- Contribute to the BSW and MSW Programs’ ongoing evaluation and accreditation efforts.
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to display a demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and scholarship and a commitment to undergraduate education. The candidate should also possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues. Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Earned doctorate in Social Work, or closely related field, from an accredited institution. ABD candidates will be considered; however, an earned doctorate in Social Work, or closely related field, from an accredited institution is a necessary condition for contract renewal. ABD candidates will be hired into a terminal appointment at the rank of Instructor with a rate determined at the time of hire. Upon degree conferral during the terminal period, the contracted appointment with the rank of Assistant Professor will be reinstated.
- 2 years of paid, post-MSW social work practice experience
- Licensure: Eligibility for certification or licensure in the State of Wisconsin
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked. Salary Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package, including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Please go to the full job posting at https://www.uwgb.edu/human-resources/employment/career-opportunities/assistant-professor-social-work/ and select the applicable application link.
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password” and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for three references
- Unofficial transcripts of the highest degree achieved
- Applicants with International Social Work Degrees Only: Copy of Formal Determination Letter from International Social Work Degree Recognition and Evaluation Service documenting degree equivalency to CSWE-accredited MSW degree
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2049
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Monday, December 14, 2020.
Note: The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our University Police website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390). This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community which welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue
- Social Work & Human Services Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bellevue