Men's Ice Hockey Goaltender/Specialty Assistant Coach (PT)
Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Goaltenders/Specialty Assistant Coach is responsible for the coaching and development of the team’s goaltenders. This coach is a professional employee of the College with a primary duty of teaching and instructing the goaltenders on the ice-hockey team. This position is part-time, 10 hours per week, non-benefit eligible.
Coaching/Teaching Duties: (90% of Assistant Coach’s time):
- Teach and develop sport-specific skills for the team’s goaltenders (2-3) in a successful, safe and prudent manner.
- On days when you are at practice come prepared with practice drills and a plan for that session that was previously discussed with the head coach.
- Conduct research of opposing team’s goaltenders.
- Comply with the Ice-Hockey NCAA Rules, CCC rules, and department policy and procedures.
Administrative Duties: (10% of Assistant Coach’s time):
- Use game or practice video to help teach.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution.
- One to two years of coaching experience at the club, high school or college level.
- Experience in coaching goaltenders and knowledge of the fundamental’s skills needed.
- Knowledgeable and current on all College rules and regulations concerning eligibility and recruiting.
- Ability to handle emergency situations involving students.
- Current driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work evening and weekends and some holidays.
- This position does require the ability for regular physical exertion including heavy lifting (50lbs) and exposure to weather.
- Intercollegiate sport specific experience.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional reference names, one of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete contact information and professional titles.