As a member of the Baylor College of Medicine Supply Chain Management team, the Buyer II will be responsible for supporting Senior Buyer, Procurement Manager, and/or Director Supply Chain, in the procurement of goods and services in specific commodity areas.
- Corresponds with or interviews approved suppliers to obtain price, specifications, and delivery information.
- Researches and sources suppliers for new items.
- Consult with suppliers, management, departmental, and faculty resources for contractual agreements and priorities.
- Consults and establishes working relationships with other departments and faculty members.
- Develops strong relationships with customer technical or service personnel.
- Shares opinions, ideas, and resources with others to achieve common goals; fosters teamwork and collaboration, builds trust.
- Assists in identifying and qualifying new suppliers and/or subcontractors and prepares documentation to recommend adding to approved supplier list pursuant to Baylor procedures.
- Assists in negotiating contracts with suppliers and/or subcontractors to minimize the liability of Baylor. Contracts will address such issues as stocking or consignment programs, unit price, delivery, terms and conditions, etc.
- Identifies and realizes cost savings opportunities to achieve yearly cost reduction targets.
- May assist with make/buy evaluations and clarify procurement issues related to the evaluation.
- Sources components or services from approved supplier list, evaluates Request for Quote (RFQ), negotiates price, quality, and delivery.
- Selects supplier and places purchase orders in conformance to Baylor procedures and Ethical Codes of Conduct.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Operations, or related field. Four years relevant work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.