Scheduling Specialist III
The scheduling specialist is responsible for making and scheduling patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner and routes calls to appropriate staff members.
- Schedules, reschedules, and coordinates, patient appointments.
- Schedules follow up appointments and treatment plans.
- Triages potential new patients by working with internal algorithms and clinical staff.
- Interviews new patients via telephone prior to scheduling appointment.
- Registers patients in Epic system.
- Verifies insurance for new and established patients.
- May greet patients in clinic and answers questions.
- Schedules surgeries, outpatient appointments, and admissions as requested.
- Answers telephone and routes patient calls.
- Maintains and updates current information on physician's schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
- Assists with preparation of agendas, materials, meetings, etc.
- Assembles patient charts for next day visits; updates profiles on patients.
- Calls patients to remind them of their appointments.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Three (3) plus years of EPIC experience or in BCM scheduling
- Excellent customer service experience
- If bilingual then must past bilingual test provided by college
- Decision making skill set
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.