Senior Medical Social Worker
Provides independent, advanced professional work involving psychiatric social case services in the assessment of clients to obtain social history relevant to medical/psychological problems/treatment.
- Interviews clients and relatives to obtain social history relevant to medical/psychological problems and history. Assesses each client during initial contact.
- Documents progress after client visits.
- Answers client calls and assesses need for services.
- Plans a course of treatment or refers clients to appropriate agencies and physicians.
- Conducts independent psychotherapies to assist patients in achieving positive psychological or social adjustments.
- Serves as a liaison between medical and nursing staff, clients, relatives and appropriate outside agencies.
- Master's degree in Social Work from a school approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Licensure as a Master Social Worker (LMSW) by The Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners (TSBSWE).
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.