The Center for Drug Discovery ( https://www.bcm.edu/research/centers/drug-discovery ) is a strategic research center established at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) in Houston, Texas. The mission of the Center for Drug Discovery is to establish novel discovery technologies that enable rapid and cost-effective drug discovery within the academic community.
We are seeking highly skilled and motivated scientists with expertise in computational chemistry to join the Center for Drug Discovery. Central to our vision is the continued establishment of a small-molecule discovery platform using a DNA-encoded chemistry approach. The team, led by scientists with drug discovery experience in academia and the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, is looking to recruit additional chemists, informaticians, and programmers.
- Maintain and extend existing front and back end applications supporting the initialization and cataloguing of experiments, decoding selection experiments, analyzing sequencing output, and dissemination of results.
- Plan, direct and conduct research experiments.
- Develop research techniques and perform applications required for specific research projects.
- Conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Document results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Participate in early stage drug discovery efforts in collaboration with biological and chemical scientists throughout the academic community, with a goal of bringing new treatments to patients with unmet medical needs.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary lead-finding project teams by engaging in the following activities: demonstrate the ability to draw on a broad range of multi-disciplinary information in order to develop and drive the implementation of innovative approaches to cheminformatics analysis on large scale data; integrate and maintain the Center's purchased software; develop and maintain scientific data infrastructure; analyze data and communicate results with a broad team of drug discovery scientists; work with scientists to identify new computational needs.
- Education: Required: Doctoral Degree in Computational Chemistry or related discipline. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience: Proficiency in coding and debugging in Python; Strong knowledge and experience with relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL); Comfortable working in a Linux environment; Experience with data processing pipelines and data analysis
- Experience in cheminformatics software development
- Excellent communication skills with a diverse team of biological and chemical scientists
- Experience with high performance computing environment (HPC) / cluster job submission
- Knowledge of statistical methods, data science algorithms, scientific and numerical computation
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and cheminformatics methods
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston